North Texas Giving Day
Save the Date!
6am – Midnight only!
Help and give to Agape Resource & Assistance Center, Inc. to help mom’s and kids create a self-sustaining lifestyle.
Domestic Violence! Sex Trafficking! Job Loss! Underemployment! Health Issues!
These are the most prevalent reasons single women find themselves in situation homelessness. Agape provides safe, stable, housing & compassionate support services so moms & kids can heal and rebuild their lives, now & for generations to come.
Donate on North Texas Giving Day!
6am CST – Midnight
Agape Resource & Assistance Center, Inc.
On September 22, YOU can help
Agape Provide Solutions
In less than three years, Agape served 26 women and 39 children. These souls were provided over 14,000 nights of shelter. Tragically, Agape has also turned away 300 women and children in need because we are constantly full. Currently, we celebrate 10 graduates and their 14 children who now live self-sustaining, rewarding, safe lives.
On September 22, GET UP AND GIVE!
YOU can help more families graduate!
Lil Agape Piggies
DID YOU KNOW…
- There are no emergency shelters & less than 300 shelter / housing beds serve all Collin County
- Over 4,000 people were turned away EACH YEAR 2012 – 2015 from Collin County shelters & housing agencies; 75% of those turned away are single women, most with children 10 years & under.
- Extended stay hotels serve as “homes” on school bus routes.
- In the last 6 years, the percentage of PISD children on free/reduced lunch has MORE THAN DOUBLED (30% /16,000 in 2016 vs 14% /10,000 in 2010).
- PISD children identified as homeless has increased nearly five-fold (>500 in 2016 vs 115 in 2009).
- Nearly all Agape women are victims of abuse & violence, some from human trafficking. All come without a support system to help them overcome the debilitating oppression of abuse, poverty & homelessness.
To learn more about the huge and growing problem of poverty and homelessness visit www.Hope4Agape.com. Follow Agape on Facebook and watch for Agapiggie sightings on twitter.
@Hope4Agape #Piggies4Agape #NTXGivingDay
Where are the Piggies?
The Lil Agape Piggies will be at the following locations:
Collin County Donation Station – Sponsored by Mercedes-Benz of McKinney, Volunteer McKinney and the McKinney Community Development Corporation.
Where: Mitchell Park, near downtown McKinney (300 W. Louisiana Street, McKinney, TX 75069)
When: 5:00pm – 7:00pm, Thursday September 22
Dallas Donation Station and 3rd Annual KidsGive Sponsored by DFW Child
Where: NorthPark Center, NorthCourt, 8687 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75225
When: 11:00am – 2:00pm, Thursday, September 22